If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

35ft under


I missed my alarm today. Slept right through it so I got off to a later start then I had planned but I made it to NOLA around 2:30pm Central Time. I am staying for two nights at the India House Hostel and the place is beautiful. Old and full of character with winding staircases, old doors, and a ton of people! This hostel is easily twice the size of the last two that I stayed at. I have 5 roomates and I have already met all of them. Three of them are traveling together for 2.5 weeks in the US and they are from Australia. The other two are also traveling together and they are from Germany. Very nice girls so it's good to have roomates I like unlike in Los Angles.

One of the girls asked me if I was scared to travel alone for so long. I don't think that I really have had to answer that kind of question yet. She had such a look of concern on her face you would have thought she was my mother. She asked how the trip was going so far and if I was having a good time almost not believing me when I answered her questions. I don't think fear is an emotion I have experienced on this trip in the capacity that she was talking about. I have felt uncomfortable in places but that's because they are new and unknown. But I can't say that I fear this trip or anything I have encountered yet. Not knowing all the details makes me nervous but it's just something you figure out as you go. I am learning how to adapt better to an always changing environment and I am embracing what I don't know instead of fearing it. Maybe i'm crazy.

Tonight I plan on working on my itinerary for tomorrow. I have a lot to see and do and I can leave my car at the hostel and take the cable car which is a plus. The vibe in this city is just good and I haven't even begun to explore it. I am hoping to make some friends tonight and have people to explore with tomorrow so wish me luck. I know that my roomates signed up for the swamp tour in the am and apparently it's very poplular. Maybe it's something I should look into myself? I have every intention of bringing my sister here when she is 21 (and i'm old) so this trip is a good way for me to look into things we can do together.
Fun Facts of the day:
1. New Orleans is 35ft UNDER sea level
2. Dirty Rice is SUPER HOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment