If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lady and the Tramp

Song of the day: Moves like Jagger...can't get this out of my head and Ashley has threatened my life if I continue to sing it.

Typically all day I think about what I am going to write in this blog. When I started the blog it wasn't for me; it was for my mom and the friends who thought I was crazy for couch surfing. Then it turned into more of my trip's journal and I was doing it just for me knowing that there were people somewhere out in the world actually reading this. And usually I have no problem writing about my day and trying to accurately depict the day's events but today is different. Today I can't seem to come up with the right way to describe my day.

My day started at Mazda. I got to see Nikki who remembered me and we caught up quickly as I tossed her my keys because I was on my way to Wekiwa Springs to go canoeing with Ashley, Tiffany, Luis, and Lisa. We got to Lisa's and Mazda popped up on my caller ID only about 45min after I dropped it off and I knew something was up. They were calling to tell me that my stabilizer link was cracked almost in half and it needed repair (Stabilizer links improve handling and shock absorption, keeping the car from swaying too much as you turn--which could lead to loss of control) which was $220 plus the $85 it was already in the shop for. AWESOME.

A phone call to dad was not how I wanted to start my day but I did it any way. Let's just say that didn't go well. And then to make it better I told him about a possible job opportunity thinking that would be a good thing...but it wasn't. I then went from my money lecture to my career choice lecture. I don't really know what he thought I have been doing getting all of this ZOO experience for the last year, but apparently I have chosen the wrong career. But ya know what, it's ok. I was never looking for approval on my career. I have no intention of doing a job I don't love. But way to kick ya when your down. Man.

After I hung up the phone I was just mad. I was mad at pretty much the whole world. But I had friends waiting for me to pull it together, put on a face, and get in a boat. So that's what I did.

Wekiwa Springs was one place I never got to before I moved and it was fantastic. Tiff and I were together and the other three went in another canoe. Half way through Lisa jumped ship and moved over to our canoe. We continued at a slow "smelling the roses" pace and up to the spring where Tiff, Ash and Luis went swimming (Lisa and I couldn't get in the water because of our tattoos). Then we paddled back and hung out on the banks in Adirondack chairs. We saw an Alligator and a Red Shouldered Hawk along the way. The Hawk was so close we got some really amazing pictures!

The weather was perfect FL fall weather and we rode in Lisa's Jeep with the top down blasting the radio. The girls dropped me off to pick up my car and pay the bill I wish didn't exist. Ash, TIff and I went to dinner and Publix to do movies and dessert. At TF I saw Alec, Hannah, and Kelly which was a nice surprise. And while at Publix I ran into Samantha and got to catch up with her for a bit which was nice.

Tomorrow I am going to Disney and I have no intention of thinking about money, my car, the rest of my trip, my career, money, what I have to do, etc. All I plan on doing is going and hanging out in the most Magical place on earth. Don't call...I'm NOT going to pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment