If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Driving Blind

The weather is still pretty craptastic today as I leave Cynthiana, IN. I was hoping it would get better as I headed East but no such luck. It not only rained my ENTIRE way but it was also super foggy. At some points I could barely see the road because the fog was so dense. But this didn't slow me down...I had a bridge to see!

As I was driving I was debating if I wanted to just drive through to NJ. It would be a 16hr drive but I felt like I was up for it. I really was not in the mood to do the whole "get to know you" thing at another couch surfing house. I got lost trying to find the bridge and finally pulled over to ask where I was. I was 20mi in the wrong direction :(

When I got to the bridge it was getting dark and the rain had picked up again but I was not going anywhere until I saw this bridge! I drove over it and wasn't super impressed...pretty boring. But I went to the visitors center and walked down the 172 stairs to see the view. I am really glad I did because the bridge from below was beautiful and well worth the drive!
New River Gorge Bridge, WV

At this point I was determined to drive home. I was tired and sick of the weather but I knew I wouldn't sleep much tonight anyway and I really just wanted to sleep in my own bed with my Louie. The GPS said I would be there by 11:47pm so I figured if I made it home by 12am I would be good.

The drive wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, despite the weather. I drove through the entire state of West Virginia and drove through Maryland and Pennsylvania. I was home by 12:04am! Good timing! Now I am exhausted but I wanted to do some things before I went to bed. My original idea was to wait until my mom got off of work at 3am but I don't think I am going to last that long!

It's good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment