If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My favorite things

Alarms should never go off at 5:30am. I am a firm believer in this, yet today at 5:30am the alarm went off and I sat up and yelled at it like it was going to change something. Originally I was leaving today for Atlanta but I decided to spend another day in Jax. I still haven't seen all of the people I wanted to and I just am not ready to leave.

Tj went to work (hence the alarm) and I went back to sleep and slept much longer then I thought I would. I got up and worked on some paperwork and receipts before Tj came home and ruined my nicely organized travel box. We also talked about me staying another day and not leaving tomorrow which I agreed to. I really am only going to Atlanta for the people and I am just doing a day in Nashville since I never found any where to stay so staying another day in Jax is a great idea :)

I met Shanda for lunch and we got it to go and went to the park. The park we went to was my "go-to" spot in college and it was uphoric to go back and sit on the banks of the pond with a pizza and good friend. We were there almost 3hrs before she had to head back to class and I headed to Riverside to see Ashley. Riverside is such a pretty area! She is renting a room in a huge, old house that had so much character. She has 4 roommates so it's almost like a big frat house. I haven't seen her since May but we had a lot to catch up on since she has moved and started a new job since I saw her last.

When I got back to the house non of the keys worked in the back door and I faintly remember being told they were for the front door. Luckily, that worked and when I got in the house I saw that the kitchen table was covered with all of my maps and things that were in my box. When did he have time to stop back at the house and mess up all of my stuff again!? I didn't think much of it and walked to the fridge to get my Mountain Dew that I was saving and it was gone! Who does that?! Who comes home from work to screw with my stuff and steal the one thing I waited all day for?! Tj!

I got to be a co-cheft today. It's never a good idea to put me in the kitchen but I got to assist as Tj concocted something out of chicken, bacon, beans, corn, barbecue sauce, rice and tomato sauce. I don't know what it is but I'm skeptical.

All my favorite things...This made up for the stolen one...now I have 36!

No comments:

Post a Comment