If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Pink Cady

I slept like a rock last night. I think that an atomic bomb could have gone off and I would have missed it. I can't remember the last time I had an actual full nights sleep. Too bad I missed my alarm and woke up late. I initially panicked and then realized that it really wasn't that big of a deal. Brittany and Rob had already left for work so I locked up and headed out (my car started just fine). It was only a 3hr drive to Nashville and I was going right through another time zone. Hello Central Time! I missed you! (NOT).
Round 2!
I was on 75N most of the way but it was the oddest thing that I got into TN and missed the sign! I was bummed I missed it but kept driving. Then next thing you know I am seeing a sign saying "Welcome to Georgia!" WTF?! How did I get back into GA?! Now I had to try and figure out how I did this...I was paying attention sort of...I was blasting music and the GPS was on mute so it's entirely possible I made a wrong turn. But I didn't! (Now you're confused aren't you...?) This silly road snaked back and fourth over the state line! And it was perfect because I got another opportunity to get a picture of the "Welcome to Tennessee" sign! Love it!

I made it to Nashville which has a BEAUTIFUL skyline and made my way to Centennial Park and saw the Parthenon. It was a pretty area and the fall colors and weather were a definite plus. I really wasn't expecting GA and TN to be so cold! I better get ready for KY and IN tomorrow...I may actually get to use my winter coat on this trip after all!
I waited for all the school groups to get out of the way :)
I walked around the park and then found a playground with swings and spent some time there. I thought swings or another landmark?...swings won this mental battle hands down. Then it was off to the Grand Ole Opry! When I got there I had no idea it was actually located in the Gaylord Hotel. I drove around and around thinking I was lost and actually hung up on Lisa so I could figure it out when really I was just driving circles around it. I don't really know what I was expecting but this wasn't it. The hotel did have all of their holiday decorations out so I drove through them and decided not to pay the $18 to park and go in. Call me cheap but my budget is too small this late in the game to pay that parking fee. And besides my sister wants to come back so today was just me making some mental notes for when we come back. I will also have to do the Nash Trash Tour Rachel told me about...it's booked through December so if we do come back I will have to call in advance for that!
Not only expected but TOTALLY acceptable in Nashville!
I don't have to be a Trish's house until 6pm so I took some time to hit Panera (I know, I know) and steal some Internet. I was supposed to be job hunting but I got distracted with Tj on the phone and Amelia on Facebook. It's only 3pm here now so I still have time to get back on track. The people at Panera are going to ask me for rent soon...I have switched tables three times now too just to change the scenery :)

I'm excited to see Trish again. Cindy and I met her in the hostel in Monterrey, CA so I'm not couch surfing officially tonight and it will be nice to see a face I already know. Now I can tell her how the rest of my trip is going and catch up a bit on her trip she was on when I met her. Tomorrow I am heading up to Monmouth Caves in Kentucky and then to see Jennifer in Indiana! I can't believe this trip is coming to such a rapid ending. 5 days left!

Trish just called and she wants me to come earlier so we can go to dinner downtown! Job hunting will have to wait until tomorrow becasuse I am off to Clarksville, TN!

No comments:

Post a Comment