If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Wake Up Call

Today I am finally going to get back into the car and head to Atlanta. I have changed the date three times now because I just wasn't ready to leave Jacksonville. Tj had left for work without saying goodbye and I didn't know if that was because he was mad about last night or what. So I packed up and shot him a text saying bye to get a phone call saying he was on his way back to the house (thank god). Long story short I don't really know how I felt when I left. He seemed totally normal but the situation still felt off to me. But we said goodbye and he was gone. I left shortly after and got on the road.

The drive wasn't bad and I stopped right over the border in GA for gas and lunch. As I was getting lunch my car decided to die. I lost control of my pedals and I just coasted to a stop. I turned the car off knowing that may be a bad idea but what options did I really have?! It turned on and I got it into a parking spot. I turned it on and off three times with no issues. I had 2 missed calls from Tj (I play the music pretty loud)so I figured that it was time to ask some "car questions". I thought it was the battery but he said it may be the alternator. Not ok. But I pulled out my Mazda paperwork and they did a full inspection on the car and my battery was at 100%. So great...another car repair in my future? Luckily, I was able to finish the drive and get to Atlanta with no further issues.

I first headed to Lithia Springs to see Wolcott and catch up with her. She moved to Atlanta only a few months ago and is still fairly new to the area herself. I got to see her new place, play with the kitties and then we went through some of her photographs. We also went through old summer camp photos and videos from our Shamu submersion 2 summers ago. It was a great afternoon with an old friend especially after the day I had yesterday. I was with Jen for only a few hours before heading on to see Brittany and Rob on the other side of the city.

Atlanta traffic sucks. I should have been bothered by the 6-lane bumper to bumper traffic but for some reason I found it relaxing. I watched everyone else shutter around and jump lanes in a hurry while I just stayed in my lane and watched the show. Atlanta has a beautiful skyline so it was almost scenic to be sitting in the traffic.

I found the apartment no problem and immediately caught up and swapped stories. I really haven't talked to Britney since I graduated so it was just nice to catch up. She made dinner and dessert :) After dinner we watched Zoo Keeper and I was able to catch up on some photos from this past week. I am exhausted. Looking back I probably got about 5hrs of sleep the last two nights. I am forcing myself to stay up a while longer so I know I will get a good nights sleep because I head to Nashville.

*on a fun note I got to dodge cotton on the road today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment