If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ruched, Grotesque, Cinched or Floral?

Albany is a beautiful city. I really like it's old charm architecture and homey appeal. Nicole doesn't like it so far but she will get used to it I'm sure. New places are always hard to adjust to but again, it's beautiful here. She is also only very close to downtown Albany which has the museum and some other parks. We started the day by going dress shopping. I had to try on some brides maid dresses for her wedding next summer. There were 3 that she liked the best and after trying them all on I only liked 2 of them. My favorite one was a sweetheart neckline with a cinched waist. The second one had a ruched bodice and it also fit really well. The third one was pretty awful in pink with a funny floral strap, but nothing will top the last one she had me try on just for the hell of it. When I walked out of the dressing room I told her if I had to wear this dress I wasn't coming to the wedding! It was grotesque in a pale blue and I don't believe it would actually look good on anyone.

Next we were off to Walmart...but not just any Walmart but the BIGGEST one ever! It had two floors! It also had elevators and escalators. It even had an escalator for your cart to ride down with you! It was pretty amazing. Put the one I am used to in Orlando to shame. We really didn't need anything there so it was a quick trip just to check it out. Then we were off to downtown. We just decided to drive around and see where it took us. When I was driving in the other night I saw a castle in the middle of the city skyline so my goal was to find that castle.

The castle was too big to miss! It turned out to be Albany University's Admin. Building but it was still pretty cool. We found a place to park and we walked through the Empire State Plaza which was really pretty. It had the Egg which is a performing arts center (looked more like a UFO then an egg though), the museum, and a few business buildings. It was very pretty though and it was nice to walk around and tour the area a bit.

Nicole had to go to work at 3 pm so I took her to work and came back to the apartment for a bit until Bill got there. We met Nicole for dinner around 7 pm since is my last night in town and I plan on getting an EARLY morning start tomorrow (alarm is already set for 4:45 am!). Bill and I got cold stone and walked the shopping plaza before heading in to see Nicole at work for a few minutes. Then it was back to the apartment. I'm already pretty tired...let's just hope I actually get some sleep tonight because I have a super long drive ahead of me. Almost half of my drive tomorrow I will still be in NY state on I-90 so once I am out of NY I still have a lot of mileage to cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment