If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Monday, September 19, 2011

I shot my first deer!

 Just kidding :)

Chris and I started today with an adventure into the city. He called it a city but really it was a very very tiny town called Steven's Point. It did have a Walmart, Kohls, and a Petco so it was pretty hoppin' for a WI town. It took us just about 30min to get there! We toured through Walmart and Petco just to waste time an it was a nice way to just catch up. On the way home we stopped at a park called Little Falls where there was a lighthouse and 2 bridges. One bridge was an old rickety one with a 3 person max and the other was a lot more substantial. The lighthouse was cute but very out of place and they had white tail deer penned up in the back of the park. I don't know why they had deer in a pen because we saw lots of them just walking around the front yard this morning.

The drive was so pretty though. I have always loved this state but seeing it right as the leaves start to change for fall is stunning. We were gone for more then 3hrs and it was just nice to drive and see the scenery. So different from what I have encountered on my trip so far between Boston, Albany, and Chicago. It's nice to get out of the city life for a bit.

Elyse and Robin were coming over for dinner so Uncle Mark and I went out back to start up the grill and get some food going. We still had time before they got there so Uncle Mark said we could go for a ride! Finally! My first Motorcycle ride! I was super excited! Turned out to be amazing...it was like I had been doing it for years. It was the perfect way to tour WI! The fall temperatures, colors, and the open road...breath taking.
Open Road
When we got back Aunt Bobbie, Elyse, and Robin were there and waiting. It was SO good to see Elyse and to finally meet her husband, Robin. Dinner was delicious and full of laughter. We talked and joked for hours. It was just a picture perfect moment in time with the family. There really aren't words to describe tonight. It was blissful.

After dinner we did some pictures (who knows the next time I will see these guys!) and said our goodbyes. Chris and Mark then wanted to fly their planes. Mark wants a new plane so they were practicing on the computer upstairs and Aunt Bobbie and I watched them crash the planes...a lot!
Elyse, Chris, Toby and myself :)
Tomorrow Chris, Aunt Bobbie, and I are heading to Michigan!! This trip has certainly had some major unplanned adventures and I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment