If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cheers to the beginning


My Route
I have a short 48hrs until my trip starts and I just started packing. I am doing this entire 2.5 month trip with NO suitcase so packing is that much more of a challenge. I figure I have been living out of a suitcase since the end of April and I just don't want to do it anymore. I just don't understand why I felt it was a good idea to pack this late in the game. I am learning quickly that was a mistake!

My Maps
This blog was set up for a few reasons. When I started planning this trip I never thought it would actually happen and then when pieces started falling into place and friends and family found out not only that I was going to do the trip but I was going it alone, I was recommended to keep this blog to let people know I was alive and well. I took their concerns into consideration and decided to make this my personal journal of the trip while keeping my promise of letting people know I was alive.

This is a trip I feel like I have been planning my whole life. I want to see the world but before I see the world I want to get a feel for my own world. Before I explore a country that isn't mine I want to explore my own. Thanks so Sea World I have been able to do a lot of networking and I have just over 40 stops on my trip. I am making a big circle around the US and it will take me 75 days to do it.
Life for right now can wait. I have always been a goal-oriented person but for right now I am just going with my gut and get in the car. Jobs will always be there but this opportunity won't! I have my whole life to start over again and regain my lost independence and I don't know of any job that will give me 75 days of vacation time :)

The theme song for my trip is Keith Urban's 'Days Go By' because it sets the perfect tone for how life is too short and you have to live each day like it is your last. Have you had your Adventure today?!

Goals of the trip:
1. See all 3 Sea Worlds in one year
2. Visit major cities I have always wanted to visit
3. See the family I haven't seen in years 4. Meet new people
5. Learn something
My Trunk...with NO suitcase :)

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm actually incredibly jealous!!! Can't wait to live vicariously through you in this blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!! i'm so happy you did this! :) have an amazing trip, i'll be looking forward to reading about it!

    ReplyDelete