If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pure Michigan

On the road! On our way to Michigan! But first we had to stop at the DuPont cheese factory and get some snacks for our journey. We had cheese curds, hot sticks, and string cheese. It was road trip food WI style :)

HERE I COME MICHIGAN! Going to the U.P.!!! Going to the land of the Upers (oop-ers)!!

Sand Hill Lighthouse
Michigan was beautiful! 3hrs away from Manawa, but beautiful! The fall colors were in full bloom and the scenery was amazing. Right as we crossed the border we got a map because I had to see just how big the U.P. was compared to the Michigan that I know. Turns out it is about a third of the whole state and never knew it even existed! Not only was I going to a new state but I was going to an area of the state I had no idea was there! I was excited about my lack of knowledge of this territory.

Once we got over the border and passed the twin cities (Marinette and Menominee) on the lake we stopped at a place for lunch called the Lighthouse Pub. It was delicious and set right off the waters of Lake Michigan. Such a pretty area this time of year! We continued further north to our final destination in Escanaba where we reached the Sand Hill Lighthouse. Yes, a lighthouse in Michigan (I thought it was odd too). We even hung out on the Michigan Lake Beach for a bit. Chris decided he was going to try and teach me how to skip rocks. I thought I already knew how to do this but I was awful at it. We ended up laughing too much so most of my attemps were failed ones. But I did get one really good one that made 4 skips! Chris' best was 6 skips so I wasn't too far off. 
On a Michigan "Beach"

The ride home seemed a lot longer then the ride up. I decided I would torture Chris with country music most of the ride home and that made me happy. I also waited the entire trip for him to fall asleep so I could take a picture but it's like he slept with his eyes closed because every time I turned around and his eyes were closed they would pop open! ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment