If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Havin' a Gouda Time

THOR was how my day started.

Lizzi and I watched Troy in the am until I got on the road. I left around 12:30pm to start driving. Originally, I was going to meet David for lunch but when I actually looked on a map it was a bit out of my way so I cancelled lunch and just started driving north. I also realized that I didn't have my uncle or aunt's phone number so I shot them an email hoping they would get it. And about 2hrs into my drive my mom got me their number but when I called they didn't pick up. So I was just going to show up and pray that they were home and that I wouldn't get lost on the way there. About an hour out from them I tried one more time to get a hold of them and my cousin Chris picked up!

My aunt Bobbie had warned me that there were 2 Swamp roads and that the GPS would take me to the wrong one but I really thought my GPS would be fine. Sure enough, I got to visit the wrong Swamp road and from there I was only 6mi away from their house. And of course I would get lost in 6mi! I thought about calling to get directions but all I could think was,  "what landmark was I at? a farm..." So I decided that would make me look pretty stupid. Eventually, i found my way though after following my aunt's directions; "Follow N (few S turns) for about 6 miles to stop sign. That’s K, turn right. In 1 mile cross 161 onto Swamp… house is 2 miles, on right…" Welcome to the land where numbers are replaced by letters...weird.
The Front yard
Dinner was in the over (smelling amazing!) and it was like I was just here last week. It had been 15yrs since I saw my cousin Chris and 7 since I saw my aunt and uncle. But you wouldn't have known. We started catching up on all of the family gossip from both ends of the country. It's like we are from 2 different countries. You have the East coast and then you have the WI/ND clan. I also showed them all of my maps. I like to show off my maps because I worked hard on them but I also like when people give me ideas on other things to do. My Uncle Mark told me about a restaurant just south of Monterey Bay so that will be something I can look into just as an example. But on my maps my Aunt Bobbie noticed all of the green states and asked about them. Those are the states that I haven't been to yet and she decided that we were going to Michigan. I laughed because Michigan is very far east of where we are and we would have to take a boat! But she pointed on the map that Michigan was also north of us. I had never noticed that Michigan had two separate land masses. The northern portion is called the U.P. or Upper Peninsula. It's quite a drive but my aunt took off Tuesday so she decided that was going to be our road trip! And I am SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!

We talked for so long that dinner actually over cooked a bit but it was still good after a long day. Baked chicken, green beans and rice. My uncle pulled out a big bag of cheese too and when I asked him why it was out he said, "we are in WI, we put cheese on everything." So I followed suit and put it on everything...so good :) Dinner was upstairs in the loft with a movie. Dinner and a movie is common in this household and I like it! You will never guess what movie we watched...
Fall is coming

THOR was how my day ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment