If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Not on the agenda

State House
Today started bright and early (without the bright)...up at 5:30 am and out the door by 5:45 am trying to beat all of the NYC rush hour traffic. I had no problems until I got to the GW Bridge where I got to spend an extra 30 min of my day! But I made it to Grafton, MA in good time and got to see my first friendly face!

Stacy and I quickly got on our way to Providence, RI where I had never been and as an added bonus this was not a state or city on my agenda. We did a lot for one day! We visited the smallest National Park in the US (about 4.5 acres), The State House, 1st Baptist Church in US, toured Brown University (husband shopping), walked Benefit St. which is the longest row of colonial houses in the US (about a mile), and we walked around Water Place Park. We walked up, down, and all around this city and by the end of the day we were both pretty exhausted.
yum!!

The drive home was easy and we decided to end the night with a trip to Redbox. Nothing makes me happier then a movie and Peanut Butter ice cream :)

I have to admit when I woke up this morning I had a bit of a panic attack about what a crazy, unrealistic idea this whole trip was. I was thinking $$ but now that I have got one destination under my belt it's all about taking this trip one stop at a time and trying not to get overwhelmed. I am a worrier naturally, but after today I don't think I will double think this trip again :)

1 comment:

  1. Grafton!??!? That's 20min from my home home!!! Miss you Meliss ~ Ashley (sorry...didn't want to create my own account :)))

    ReplyDelete