If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Theodore Roosevelt


Today's goal was to head out to Madora and see the Theodore Roosevelt National Park. John didn't get up until after 1pm so we got a late start...I'm just glad he came with me! He was my first official co-pilot of the trip! We started west and stopped quickly at the Painted Canyons rest area to see the scenic view. Then we were off to the national park where I got to use my Annual Pass for the first time of the trip :)

We did the scenic drive which was 36 miles long. So we rolled the windows down and drove nice and slow for most of the trip stopping every so often to take pictures. We also had to stop multiple times for the Prairie Dogs who would randomly run across the road! They were so cute and they were EVERYWHERE! They also made these super cute noises too...John got a good laugh at my reaction to them. We didn't see too many animals today but we were able to see a Prong Horn sitting on the hillside. No Bisson or wild horses though :(

This is truly the perfect time of year to be in this part of the country!
The colors are incredible!
My favorite picture of the day! Look at those COLORS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment