If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Boulder, Rock, or Pebble?

We didn't get in last night until after midnight from our movie adventure so today we did not set alarms and we did not have an exact plan. But when we got up we did decide to drive down to Plymouth, MA. The main goal for me was to see Plymouth Rock. The joke was that we had looked it up online and it looked super tiny. I could not imagine how people would travel from all over to literally see a rock, and a tiny one at that (I'm not a huge history person at all). So we took the 1.5 hr drive out to Plymouth and found this notorious rock. It even had it's own house built around it. Turned out this "rock" was pretty big...more like a boulder. I had to laugh at myself when I saw it.
Plymouth Rock
When I started reading about it's history (now this boulder fascinated me) I found out it had actually been moved 3 times, cut in half, put back together years later, and was NOT the first landfall for the Pilgrims like    a lot of people think! I was glad we came to see it after all and the Harbor was BEAUTIFUL!!! We toured all the little boutiques in town and had a slice of pizza at 'The Upper Crust'. It was no Jersey pizza thats for sure! yuck. We finished the day in Plymouth by getting ice cream and walking along the harbor.

Once we got back to Stacy's I feel asleep for just over an hour. This was a smart decision on my part since I am driving to Albany, NY tonight. My time in MA is quickly coming to and end! It went so fast! Stacy and I are going to IHOP for dinner and then I will be back on the road.  I think my favorite part about this trip will be seeing all the people.  I don't get to see Stacy nearly as much as I would like to and she only has one more year of vet school before she jumps into the job market and goes where the jobs are. It's nice to have time to catch up and just spend some time together.

"Thus out of small beginnings, greater things have been produced...
... as one small candle may light a thousand."
      -William Bradford of Plymouth Plantation

No comments:

Post a Comment