If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Monday, September 12, 2011

L.B.U

Welcome to Albany! Nicole and Bill are also new to Albany so any exploring we do will be new to them as well. So far it looks like another pretty northern city. I have never been to Albany but my main goal while I am here is just to visit with Nicole and Bill. I found my way here with no problems until I actually was looking for their apartment building. It took me a while and 3 laps around the block but I found it. I got in around 9:30 pm  and I finally got to meet Bill, Nicole's fiance. Nicole didn't get off work until 10:15 pm so I had some time to spend with him before she got home. When Nicole did get home she already had tears in her eyes. When I hugged her she continued to burst into tears... I had no idea she would be so excited to see me! But it has been about 2.5 years since I last saw her.

We were up most of the night just catching up and chatting. It was somewhere close to 3 am that I kicked her out of the living room to go to bed. I was exhausted and we had the next two days to continue our catching up. I slept on the couch and I had Vinny and Hamlet to sleep with me :) The kitties were my new buddies for the night.

Nicole and I enjoyed sleeping in and when we got up we both quickly realized that nothing was going to be done that was productive so we both enrolled in LBU; Lazy Bum University for the day. Nicole and I watched a movie, made lunch, continued our catching up. She also showed me some of the details for her wedding which is coming up next summer. Bill came home and Nicole went to work. I was not in the mood to drop out of school yet so Bill just enrolled with me at LBU. We ended up watching 3 movies and made homemade pizza with banana peppers (ok, ok  by "we" I mean Bill...he did the cooking, I just watched).

It's always good to have a lazy day! I pretty much live for days like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment