If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lets Meander...

When I come to visit my aunt and uncle in Springbrook I never come looking to be entertained. I just come to spend some quality time with them and enjoy my “wild” surroundings. But they always feel the need to keep me busy. Today was no exception! We started with Christmas shopping. Yup, I said it…Christmas shopping. I officially have Ali half way done and my mom 100% done (I think). This trip will be fun just to pick things up as I go. We met Aunt Vicki in Spooner after she went to the gym (jumping class as Uncle Dave calls it) and we continued to the Fall Splendor Art Meander. I thought it was going to be like a craft fair but it turns out that it was all over town and each place we had to drive through…so where did the meander come in here? 


First things first, we went to Alley Cat’s and got some hot chocolate and walked to the bookstore in town. Next We were off to a pottery barn called Brick Yard Pottery that used to be an old school house. It was so pretty inside with all of the homemade goods and Aunt Vicki and I did a scavenger hunt that took us two places; the front hallway and the bathroom. Believe it or not half of the questions answers were actually found IN the bathroom on a mural that covered all four walls! My uncle was totally confused when he finally found us both hanging out in the bathroom. But we got 100% on the hunt and got a prize! I actually won my mom’s Christmas gift. Go me!


The next stop was The Potters Shed which was another fun place to parooz around and see all the handmade items. The last stop was the winery where everyone had wine but me. I stayed outside with Gin and enjoyed the small spans of time with sunlight. When they came out the look on their face was priceless because the wine was anything but good. Good thing I don’t like wine.  Each place was spread out from the others so we did 3 stops out of the whole “meander” which was about 10. But once again, we were going to places I hadn’t been before.


The next order of business was to take the three dogs for a walk. After their tiff last night everyone is on edge and the dogs needed some bonding time. So we drove out to Stone Lake and took a VERY long walk. The walk was gorgeous because of the fall colors and the fall temperatures. Once we got back to the house we had mushrooms stuffed with crabmeat (I hope you read that MOM!) and they were amazing! Just as we were deciding what to do tonight and the power shut off. Well, there went all the plans for the night.


Luckily, the power came on about an hour later after we had already broken open a bottle of wine and started a fire. Dinner was on the grill and we were set. Gin fell asleep on my lap while we were chillaxin’ and it was just a peaceful WI night. S’mores and Survivor is how this day will end after chicken skewers and a whole assortment of other foods!

Gin Gin

No comments:

Post a Comment