If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Monday, October 10, 2011

4 buses later...

LP went to work this morning and I wasn't due to pick Cindy up until after 3pm. So I decided not to do much of anything other then get lunch with Mandy (LP's roommate). Plus the weather is really crappy today so it was a good day to just stay in.

I got a little antsy waiting for Cindy so I left early. I set off in the rain and walked over to the Powell Station downtown. I shouldn't have left early because Cindy said her plane landed at 3pm and I assumed that I should be at the BART station at 3pm. She really got there after 4pm and I sat and watched the homeless man band play for the adoring crowds.

When she did get there we set off for the bridge. I was feeling pretty proud that I found my way to the station without Laura so I continued with my cocky mindset and decided that I knew exactly where we were going. 4 buses and 2hrs later we made it to the bridge (clearly had no idea what I was doing). The bridge was stunning up close even with the crappy weather and I got some pictures before we headed off to get my car. Found the car no problem and set the GPS to Suppenküche for dinner. I wasn't looking forward to an authentic German meal but Cindy seemed pretty into it and we were meeting up with LP, Eileen, and Brittany. But the GPS decided that we should take the Bay Bridge...not at all in the direction we needed.

So once again, lost.

Found it. Had a great dinner (yes, I'm admitting that), and headed back to LP's to park my car for the night. It had been a crazy day but with me the days never seem to just stop being crazy. Cindy drove home because I am TIRED of driving and LP was the navigator. The roads in San Fran definitely freaked Cindy out but I thought it would enrich her San Fran experience :)

And then it happened, my headlights started flickering.

I literally got sick. I couldn't even listen to what they were telling me. I almost had to get out of the car I felt so sick. Luckily, I said to go down the hill and not continue up (super steep hills!) and it came back to life. I told them to go to the parking garage and I would cough up the $25.00 to park overnight. My car was not staying on a hill tonight. Then I looked up at the sky and said, "if there is a god, he will give us a parking space of FLAT ground that I don't have to pay for!" AND HE DID!

Cindy parallel parked it and it stalled. Dead.

Sickness started to overwhelm me once again.

It some how turned on and we finished parking it. And my first thought that ran through my mind was that Yellowstone busted my battery by dropping it and gave me a new one. Ass wipes gave me a BAD BATTERY! But LP said to think happy thoughts and my car just may not like the San Fran hillsides. So please send me all of your happy thoughts tonight and for the rest of my trip because I can only think 'worst case scenario' right now!

If my car ends up in the shop again that's it. I'm going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment