If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

KMart has internet?!

Another early morning getting on the road. I was out of Michelle's by 8am and on my way to Cody, WY knowing that I wanted to make a pit-stop at Devil's Tower. Mapquest said it would be 8hrs and 40min but really, it only took me 6hrs, 8 including my side trip to Devil's Tower. Mapquest has yet to be right on this entire trip but at least it's in my favor :)

It didn't take me long to get out of SD and into WY. WY was nice and flat just like SD but it was grassy not corn fields which was a nice scenery change. The drive itself wasn't bad but I am just about done being in the car so that made me a little more antsy. But I stopped at the welcome center and got some maps and that gave me a second wind for the long drive ahead. I was going to take the scenic route through the mountain on my way to Cody. Robin had text me early in the day saying they wouldn't be home until around 7pm which was great because I knew I had a long scenic drive ahead of me.

The mountain was big. I guess I really have never driven up and down a mountain before and I don't think I was ready. There were times on the way up I had to tell myself not to look down. And there were times on the way down where I had to remember that no matter how hard I held the steering wheel it wasn't going to make anything any better. It was a crazy ride but the views were phenomenal! So breathtakingly beautiful! I was glad I took the scenic route after all.
Devil's Tower, WY
But sadly, the mountain was only my half way point and the rest of the drive was more flat then either of the Dakotas so I was bored once again. I made my way into Cody finally and saw that it was only 3:30pm! What was I going to do until 7pm?! I had dinner, drove town 3 times, walked through Walgreens, and hunted down Internet so I could get on and start today's blog. Hopefully, I hear from Robin soon so I can begin my second couch surfing experience. I know I say this a lot, but I really just want to go to bed. It's amazing how driving can really take it out of you!

But until then I think  will venture in KMart...I am actually sitting in their parking lot stealing their Internet as I type (yup...KMart has Internet these days).

No comments:

Post a Comment