If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Heyyyyyy Cow!

Up and out by 6:30am and on the road heading to LA. I slept pretty well on my temporpedic mattress (newly donated to the Monterey Hostel). We decided to take the PCH or US-1 all the way down the coast to see all the views that everyone raves about. But before we could start driving Cindy always makes us say a good luck chant. It goes like this..."On the Road Again. Yeah Yeah Yeah. We're the Care Bears." It is something she said with her family growing up when they went on road trips. And honestly, I could use all the luck I can get so I said it right along with her!

Cindy started driving today and said she would be ok on the windy roads if she was in control. Well, control meant 30mph. So after about 2hrs of being on the PCH I was ready to get off and get some speed. I took over driving and ended up getting behind a truck pulling a trailer who was going a whopping 15mph!
PCH
The views were pretty but they weren't fantastic like everyone says so I decided we were getting off of this highway and moving onto one I could speed up! We cut across US-46 to Us-101S. Finally my kind of speed! The PCH put us behind by about 2hrs at this time and I was not a happy camper. The drive was already going to be over 5hrs and now it was over 7hrs! I don't want to be in the car that long!
Lighthouse on PCH
In-N-Out Burger was for lunch because I have been crazing it since I had it in San Fran and we got gas. Gas was only $3.69! I am still shocked California gas prices aren't nearly as bad as I thought they would be! By the time we got to LA it took us almost 9hrs to get there (thank you PCH and traffic!). I was beat and it was time to get settled in tonight's Hostel right on Hollywood Blvd. The place was really nice and once again Cindy and I have roommates. But tonight we only have 4 others instead of 6. We met a girl from Austria, Japan, and Dublin. It is very interesting to meet people from all over the world. Some of the girls are here for up to 3 months!
taken from the Banana Bungalo Hostel, LA
Cindy and I parked the car in the hostel, checked in, made our beds, met the roommates, and set off for the Walk of Fame. You could see the Hollywood sign from the second floor of the Hostel which is really cool and the Walk of Fame was right outside out Hostel as well. Talk about convenient!
Cindy walking with the Stars on Hollywood Blvd.
Today was definitely a stressful day. I didn't realize how long the drive would take us and I did not mentally prepare to be in the car all day. But this hostel we get our own kitchen and bathroom so no waiting in line for showers tonight :) and no tokens!

- LA was 98* today...big difference from San Fran!






Tonight there was free food at 7:30pm so Cindy and I ventured down to see what was going on. They had a live band and the West Hollywood Hostel come over to join us. It's just one big party around here which is so different then the Monterey Hostel which was super quiet. Tomorrow we head to our last CA stop in San Diego. SeaWorld here we come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment