If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Friday, October 21, 2011

i'm lovin' it

I did exactly what Sam told me to do; take my time in the morning. I didn't set an alarm and had every intention of sleeping in. Unfortunately, Tj on the East Coast didn't get the message and woke me up much too early saying it was late and I should be up...ugh. So that was it, at 8:45am I was up. I slowly packed up, took a shower, stripped the bed and made my way upstairs to head out. I also got to talk to Brad this morning and I am so excited to see him in a few days and he might be going to Texas with me too! I would be so excited if that actually worked out!

I finally got on the road around 11am and was heading east to Snowmass Village, CO. The drive isn't too bad today so I had time to stop off for lunch and steal Internet from McDonalds. I'm lovin' the fact that I can get Internet today because I didn't have access to it yesterday and I thought I was going to die. It's amazing how much work I have to do while I am on this trip. I have been looking for jobs, contacting my next 2 stops from where I am currently, working on my photo book, writing this blog, etc. I have a lot to do and I need the Internet!

I only have a few more hours until I am in Snowmass Village and Michelle doesn't get off until 5pm so I have to find things to do...wish me luck.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to Snowmass Village, CO
I got into Snowmass Village about an hour before Michelle got off work just like I had planned and I drove around for a bit just trying to find her apartment. This was another destination the both the GPS and mapquest said didn't exist so I figured I would find it on my own. Yeah right. After a lot of circles I decided to follow the signs for the mall.

But when I got to the mall it was a ghost town. I had told Michelle that I was going to the mall and when I got her next text that read, "Is it even open?", I looked around and responded with, "nope...why is that?". Turns out dead season really means DEAD. Nothing was open! So I walked around the closed mall a bit before getting back in the car to drive some more circles. This time though, I just hung out at the Registration Center and waited. I did finally get a decent picture of the Magpie that I originally saw and fell in love with in WY. Who knew they lived in CO too?!

Once Michelle got off work I finally found her road and found her. I was so excited to see her! It's been 2yrs since I saw her on her last day at SW! I got a tour of her place which is set up just like a college dorm on company property. She has a roomate who is away which means I get her bed :) and her apartment is just so cute. It really did remind me of college though. She is able to walk to work living there and she seems to really like it.

We spent some time catching up before heading out to dinner. We went to a local place (one of the only that are open during this season) and got pizza. But I didn't get pizza I got a Stromboli and it was amazing. This really is a small town because Michelle knew quite a few people who were in the restaurant with us.

On the ride home I looked up and finally saw stars! I looked in WY, ND, OR but they really weren't impressive. But here in CO, they are impressive! So pretty! So many! The scenery out here is just amazing and no photograph will do it any justice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment