If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Spooky Adventure

The LA Hostel was very nice but we got stuck with awful roomates. One set woke us up at 11pm talking and another set woke us up after midnight by turning on all of the lights in the place (bathroom, kitchen, and room) and talking loudly. Then, at 2am we were woken up again by chit chat. When I asked the girls to turned off the lights they looked at me like I had two heads. I was in no mood to deal with their bull shit and was fully ready to bring out the "Jersey attitute". Luckily, they turned off the lights and left the room. Cindy and I got no sleep last night but we still had to be up and on the road by 7am to get to San Diego.

We were walking zombies this morning and thanks to LA's rush hour traffic the drive was over 3hrs long! But SeaWorld was our destination for the day and I was pumped. This is the smallest of the three parks but they have more species then the others. I have heard mixed reviews on the park so I thought it would be a quick visit and we would be out. SO not the case! We were there for park open at 10am and we didn't leave until 5:30pm (we had to be at CS for 6pm).

The park was beautiful! So well kept! All of their Spooktacular decorations were out and it really wasn't that crowded. Cindy and I booked Dine with Shamu for 1:30pm (I have never done that!), and we planned to see all 3 shows; One Ocean, Blue Horizons, Clyde and Seamore's Spooky Adventure. The Spooky Adventure show was by far my favorite. Getting SeaLions to dance to Thriller is a major task and it was awesome! I think that is my favorite show of all time!
Blue Horizons was fun because they had Short Fin Pilot Whales, White Doves, and Black Vultures. Today was also my first time seeing One Ocean since I didn't get to see if before I left Orlando. I really did like the new show and seeing it for the first time was refreshing. We did the skytower which was free and saw the progress of Manta which is due to open in 2012 and saw the bay. From there we plugged the exhibits inbetween the shows and lunch. The Sealion exhibit had Harbor Seals and Fur Seals which was interesting and we also got to see Otters on exhibit too. We even made it to see a training session which made Cindy VERY happy :)
Wild Arctic was amazing, Penguin was disappointing, The shark exhibit was unique but the tunnel was too short, the freshwater exhibit was really nice, the new Turtle Reef was SO nice but needed more turtles (it was like playing where's Waldo), Sealion had the Fur Seals which was different, we played with the Sea Stars in the tidepool, and had fun at Shamu underwater. I loved the shows today and some of the exhibits really blew Orlando's out of the water! It was nice to see so many different exhibits and so many different animals. And Dine with Shamu was FANTASTIC! The food was so good! And the show was really good too... especially since I didn't know any of the SWSD whales.
Cindy and I are couch surfing tonight so once we left SeaWorld we went straight over to meet Terry. She is so sweet and we waited with her for the 2 guys from Denmark to show up. There are 4 surfers tonight in her home and so far it's been a blast. This is Cindy's first time couch surfing so it will be interesting to hear what she thinks. I personally love it and I hope she does too! Terry had choir practice tonight so Cindy and I went to Old Town San Diego for dinner. We went to the Old Town Mexican Cafe and got some authentic Mexican food. It was a good ending to a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment