If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Meet the Pacific...Not.

9am:
I was looking over my maps this morning and realized that I have an 11hr drive tomorrow so I tried to contact some surfers to see if they can put me up last minute. I am NOT doing that again! If not, I did get the refund for the one hotel stay...I can just use that if I really need to.

Today is all about finances (just finished them...scary!), photos, organizing my car, etc. Greg is at work until 4pm and then we are heading to the beach! I just wish the weather was nicer. It's been raining since last night...but it won't keep me from getting to the Pacific!

7pm:
I am going to stop planning things because nothing goes according to plan anymore. I have yet to understand why this last week has been so hectic but I guess I will just go with it and hope the next week is better! I was able to work on my photo book and watch an episode of project runway. I was also able to do some laundry! But Greg came home early from work with a massive headache. He walked into an exposed beam at work yesterday and got a pretty nasty cut on his head.

So his boss came to that house to get us because she wanted him to visit the ER. No beach for me...it was off to the ER. He got in right away and I waited in the waiting area for just under 3hrs. Finally, they came out and he has a concussion. I'm glad that he is ok! The next step was to get his prescription and the best quote of the day is, "I never knew how cheap Vicodin is."

Greg made dinner as I watched asking what I could do to help. I didn't get too far with that and Greg told me that I don't like to be waited on. He said that I need to learn to just sit and be waited on. I don't like that idea...I am perfectly capable of doing it myself. I offered to help clean up and he agreed. So I went to put my laundry in the room and when I came back he already did it...he cheated!

I didn't get to the Pacific today but I'm sure over the next week and a half I will get there. I did however, get to spend some time with a friend I haven't seen in 2 years! I also found out that he is a fellow couch surfer so technically I have now surfed at 3 locations :)

No comments:

Post a Comment