If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Surprise! Success!

Brad makes an excellent co-pilot and an awesome DJ. We had no problem getting into Ft. Worth, TX to see Michele. She still had no idea Brad was coming and when we got there we almost got caught! She was just coming back from Target when we pulled up to her place so I quickly swerved into another spot before she saw us! Then I went up to the house and told her I needed help with my bags.

She went out and ran into Brad :) She was so surprised. Rose was about an hour behind us which worked out great because she was able to get the gate code from me and show up at the door. Michele was once again shocked and I was so excited that my plan worked. Orlando reunion in Texas! Hell yea!!

Lunch was next on the agenda at Olive Garden and then we went to find pumpkins. I wanted to go to an actual pumpkin patch. I don't know what I was thinking considering we were in the middle of a major city. But we did find pumpkins at the mall. They set it up nicely so if you look at pictures we look like we are at an actual pumpkin patch.

Next, we went to thrift stores to work on costumes. I officially got my costume for $6.00. Go me! It's not at all what I wanted but it is easy, cheap, and simple. So it will work out well for this year's festivities. Now it is time to carve those pumpkins! It's so nice having everyone together again. The only one we are missing is Brandon and my Orlando family (original Orlando family) is all together again. I missed these guys!!

Carving the pumpkins took us longer then I expected but after we were done with that it was time to go out! We went down to the Stockyards and tooled around that area. We drove around downtown Ft. Worth and all the buildings were lined with lights which made the whole city glow. When we got to the stockyards we walked around the brick streets, saw the longhorns, and stopped at the Thirsty Armadillo for drinks. We didn't stay out too late because Rose was driving back to Houston tonight for work in the morning. I tried everything to get her to call out tomorrow and stay but they cut her hours at work and really couldn't miss a day.

I can't remember laughing this much in months. It was a perfect day with friends that I consider to be family.
Brad, Me, Rose, Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment