If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Maroon Bells

Maroon Bells
Last night was pretty fantastic. After the fantastic hike I took in the am to the yin-yang and visiting Michelle at work my day was no where near over! I went out to the Maroon Bells and White River National Forest with Michelle to meet some friends for a BBQ and for some photo ops. The Maroon Bells were stunning and it was just at sunset which made them even more spectacular! I finally got to see snow too! It wasn't much but it was enough to make me happy! It's amazing that once the sun goes down it gets so bitter cold.

Once everyone showed up, all 10 of us huddled around the fire trying to keep warm. Then we broke out the food and started preparing that. I got to meet all of Michelle's CO friends and hang out for the night and it was just a really chill night under the most beautiful sky I have ever seen. It almost looked like someone had thrown glitter all over the sky and it just stuck.

Maroon Bells were shadowed with glitter. It was spectacular!

After a few hours out at the bonfire I think that all of us could no longer feel our toes and we broke off. Some went to take some night shots of the mountain and some of us stayed by the fire. Michelle and I soon left because we still had another movie to watch :) (and I was FREEZING!). On the way home we spotted 2 porcupines on the road! I have never seen wild porcupines!

Today when I got up I knew I had to do laundry. I haven't done laundry since Oregon so it was long overdue. Once again I was back in college paying with quarters to do my laundry! I don't miss that but it was fun to reminisce about college life.

Now, I am back at the Snowmass Club stealing Internet and visiting with Michelle. She gets off at 4pm and then we are off to Aspen, CO for the night! I'm excited to see what Aspen is like.
I found SNOW!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment