If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Creepin'

Sea World San Antonio! How I have missed you! I haven't been to this park since 2003 and I really didn't remember too much. As I walked through the front gates I did recognize them but after that it was all new again. The dolphins and sharks were segregated off to the left which was an odd layout and then the rest of the park was to the right of the front entrance. Wasn't there a water park around here somewhere? Oh yea, they are building Aquatica so that part is closed for now (hence the division in the park).

As I walked through the park things started to come back to me. Like the Steel Eel, which was my first roller coaster and the lake in the middle where we would sein with camp at 6am. But I really wasn't familiar with the park layout at all. The maps were Hallow-Scream so that was different and I laid out all my shows for the day. I saw One Ocean, Azul, and Clyde and Seamore. I was done with the park and the three main shows by 3:30pm but I wanted to stay for the Shamu night show, Shamu's Rockin' CreepShow which wasn't until 7:45pm. I had been there since the park opened so I walked around the park and did all the exhibits for a second time.

Azul was very different as well. I remembered the stage but the rest I was fuzzy on. I really liked how they used the Beluga whales in the show more then the Pacific White Sided Dolphins and the divers were different as well. They also had water dancers (thats what I called them) in the water when the dolphins were in teh water with the trainers. I didn't think that was allowed but who knows...maybe they are multi-talented trainers with many parts? I would say that out of the three main shows Azul was my favorite.

Then I had almost 2.5hrs of people watching before I found another show to go see. I went to see Monster Stomp and it was amazing! I met an 81yr old couple waititg for that show, Jean and Phil, and we sat and people-watched together and talked about the park in general. They are originally from NJ too! I ended up spending almost the rest of my time with them and we watched Monster Stomp together. They weren't going to the Shamu show so that is where we split off. Such a nice couple! I would have to say that after seeing 5 shows today the one without any animals was my favorite. Monster Stomp was upbeat, had GREAT music, and the performers could REALLY sing! It was amazing. The one girl gave me goosebumps because she sang so well. I had no idea what I was in for when I went to this show but I am so glad I went!

The night Shamu show was really good. It had great music and a cool, creepy theme to it. It was very different from any Shamu show I had ever seen so that was worth the many hours of people watching. I missed having Cindy with me in the SeaWorld. When at SeaWorld you really need a buddy!
Azul and I
Monster Stomp and Shamu's Rockin' CreepShow
Clyde and Seamore, Azul, One Ocean

No comments:

Post a Comment