If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Vegas Scavenger Hunt

When I finally got up this morning I had no intention of doing much of anything. I had no desire to be productive or to move out of bed! So I stayed in bed until close to 11am watching TV shows and looking through pictures until that got boring and I got hungry. I went out and made lunch and started looking up free things to do in Vegas. You would not image the things that I was coming up with. I pulled out my notebook and started making a strip map with all of the hotels on it and then started looking to see what I could do in each hotel.

  1. Bellagio: 27ft chocolate fountain, Dancing waters
  2. Caesar's Palace: Fountain Festival
  3. Mirage: The Volcano, Tigers
  4. Treasure Island: Sirens of TI
  5. MGM: Lion Habitat
  6. Paris: Eiffel tower
  7. Venetian: Gondolas
  8. Rio: Show in the sky
I left the house around 12:30pm and made my way to the strip. I thought I would be slick and not use my GPS...lets just say I somehow made it to the airport on the other side of town before I decided I should turn it on. I took the scenic route :)
My Vegas Strip Map for my Scavenger Hunt

My first stop was the Bellagio where I parked (parking in Vegas is FREE!). Dancing waters is only a night show and I had no luck finding the chocolate fountain so I walked on to Caesar's Palace. Then onto the Mirage. The Volcano was also at night and the Tigers and Dolphins you had to pay to see! It said FREE things online! So I was off to TI...only to find out the show was only at night! Now I have walked a ways and I am tired and coming up short on my scavenger hunt! So I went across the street to the Venetian and found the Gondolas!

At this point I was tired so I text Ashely and told her I was heading back to her house until she got off. She said to stay on the strip and she would be there in an hour. Great. What do I do for an hour? I walked back across the street and walked through Paris and then over to the Flamingo to see their aviary. Online it said they had African Penguins...they lied. Only flamingos and not many at all! So now I had been to 7 hotels and it was only 4pm! When Ashely got there is was coincidence that she drove right by me so I jumped in the car and we drove over to MGM to see the lions. Both of them were active and awake so we got to see them for a while before heading over to Planet Hollywood to price out Peep Show tickets for tonight. They were not giving us any deals so we moved on and went over to the Cosmopolitan to see what it looked like on the inside. Ashley had never been so it was new for both of us.

It was beautiful! They had a bar called the Chandelier and you were literally in the middle of a 3-floor crystal chandelier. So pretty! The hotel was amazing and there were so many things to look at as you were walking it was almost mesmerizing! Next stop was Serendipity3 for dinner and dessert. It was amazing and came with a hefty price tag. But I didn't care. I didn't get to see BMG and this is my last night in Vegas.
Serendipity3

As close to the Blue Men as I was gonna get this trip :(

I talked Ashley into going to see the Volcano at the Mirage and the Sirens of TI at Treasure Island. Then we walked over to the Bellagio to see the Dancing Waters. The song we saw was to Celine Dion's Titanic theme song which I thought was a perfect way to end my Vegas adventure. I loved the Volcano, disliked the Sirens and really loved the Dancing Waters! Today was exhausting but after almost 10hrs on the strip I found everything I was searching for in the 10 hotels I saw today. I wish I knew how far I walked today!! Ashley was impressed with all I accomplished and so was I :)

((OH, I did go back and find the 27ft tall chocolate fountain...it looked more like art then chocolate. I also never made it to Rio to see the Show in the sky because it only runs from Thursday to Sunday. ))
((OHH! and I saw Pierce Morgan today! They were doing some coverage on the 2012 election and he was on the strip with the Mayor of Las Vegas!))
Chocolate or Art?

What I actually did today...
  1. Bellagio: 27ft chocolate fountain, Dancing waters
  2. Caesar's Palace: Fountain Festival
  3. Mirage: The Volcano
  4. Treasure Island: Sirens of TI
  5. MGM: Lion Habitat
  6. Paris: Eiffel tower
  7. Venetian: Gondolas
  8. Walked through Cosmopolitan, Planet Hollywood, and the Hawaiian Marketplace
  9. Flamingo: Aviary
I am going to sleep very well tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment