If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Saturday: San Francisco Style

Sleeping in is a beautiful thing. Last night LP and I moved my car again on one of those streets that make me cringe and we left it there for the night. Parking is such a headache around here! But I did get to see Lombard street and all the crazy people who chose to drive down it. It didn't look too bad but I was looking up and had no intention of driving it.
Lombard Street
After our uphill hike to move the car and check for chalk on the tires (that's how they mark the cars that have been there for 2hrs...we were just going to wipe it off) we then headed to O'Reilley's for diner (fantastic) and hit the bars. This city reminds me of a trendy, upscale version of Philly. The streets are alive with people and music but it is clean and non-congested. The people are also super nice and outgoing! We had people talking to us in the bar like they were our best friends.

The vibe in this city is just good. You feel good just to walk around in the city. LP and I also walked to downtown. She lives in North Beach, not downtown so it was cool to go down and see the "times square" of San Fran. I love this city but if I lived here I wouldn't own a car!

This morning LP had to go to work for a bit and then she came to pick me up to move my car for the last time for the next three days. We drove it across town to her work where I could pull it in the driveway and leave it there. That means no more paying for parking, no more moving it 3 times a day, and no more CRaZY streets! All I have to do is jump on the bus to get there which is a much better option to me :)

Fleet week is this week! That means that there are hundreds, if not thousands (10 ships to be exact) from the navy here. So not only is it nice to walk around and enjoy the scenery but it also means that we headed off to the air show to watch the Blue Angels fly! We took the bus down to the water where our back drop was the golden gate bridge and Alcatraz. We got there right around 12:30pm and the Angels weren't until 3pm which meant a fun day in the sun with a great group of people, food, and the pre-shows.
We met up with Nick, Adrianna, Brittany, Eileen (I knew her from college! small world to meet up on the other side of the world), and Adam. We had a great afternoon watching the show and enjoying the San Fran lifestyle. Adam and I both got a bit sun burnt being out so long but whatever. I also was really surprised how cold it was. The news said it would be 72* so I wore a little sundress and that was it. Bad idea! It was super cold! I had to keep adjusting and moving around just to feel my legs.
Blue Angels
When the show was over we headed to the first bar of the day where we stayed for hours. There were a couple of games going on and the boys were playing pool so it was just another chill stop for the day. Dinner was Pizza...San Fran style and I have to say that it was pretty good. But I think anything is good after you have had a few drinks. We then headed off to the next bar which was super crowded. It had two floors so we headed downstairs to the bar and got drinks there. Downstairs is also where all the Navy men were so we were happy as clams.
LP, Andrea, Eileen, and NAVY MEN!
The rest of the night was just a lot of FUN. I <3 Fleet Week! We finally left the bar at close to 2am and walked back to LP's. Eileen stayed the night and we didn't even hit the bed until somewhere around 4am. I actually fell asleep around 7am.
Good people.
Good food.
GREAT CITY!

No comments:

Post a Comment