If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Dear Thief,

I wanted to sit down and take some time to write you a letter. I love having pen pals and I love snail mail but this is a different type of letter. This letter is designed more as a way for me to enlighten the world to the two types of people in this world; the good and the bad. Now, most people already know all about the two types of people in this world but you my friend, had a choice between the two and you chose the wrong one.

I walked out to my car at 7am ready to hit the road and get to Houston and enjoy and easy going day in one of the largest (if not the largest) cities in Texas. But when I walked out to my car I noticed that the bar with my things hanging on it was knocked over and then I saw what you did. You shattered my back window. It looks like it just burst into a million pieces all over my entire life. My first thought wasn't even to see what you had taken but to stand back and ask myself if I was really seeing my window, or lack of.

When I finally decided to come back to reality I realized I should see what was missing. And you took the most worthless thing you could get your grubby hands on! You took a sloo of knock off hand bags!?!?! Did it even cross your mind to take the stereo system (just installed in February), the GPS, the Cd's, or I don't know...ANYTHING OF VALUE!? Now I could have been OK with the fact that you broke into my car if you had taken the clothes. The winter coat and hoodies would come in handy this time of year and if you HAD to steal I would have felt better if you took something you needed, not wanted. By the way those bags were not only knock offs but used and abused. All of them are no younger then 6yrs so you got a real big payoff coming your way...NOT!

But don't you worry, Thanks to Darren and Jessica (the good people in this world) I got the car fixed by 10am and I was back on the road. I filed a police report, reorganized my car so this doesn't happen again, called mom because she makes everything all better, and I got in the car and drove to Houston. You may think you won, but stealing will never get you very far and KARMA is a BITCH! Darren and Jessica even paid for half of the repairs and Dad is taking care of the rest so you didn't set me back at all. You violated me and my property and you took some of my favorite things (I am a girl after all) but you still didn't win.

Sincerely yours,
Melissa

P.S. I forgive you.

No comments:

Post a Comment