If you follow your heart, life is a work of art

If you follow your heart, life is a work of art.

Friday, October 7, 2011

East Coast Feet

Usually when I have long drives ahead of me I get up at the break of dawn to get on the road. But Greg wanted to make a big breakfast so I got to sleep later then usual. He made omelets and pancakes so I was ok with that :) I was only driving to the Redwoods today so that was a quick 5hr drive. I was originally going to couch surf in Grants Pass, OR for the night but when I had car issues I cancelled her thinking I wasn't going to make it...bad move on my part.
The drive was pretty easy. I had no idea how far away the border to CA was! I used an entire tank of gas just to get there (about 217mi!)! I have got this whole 'mountain driving' thing down by now! I made it to the Redwoods by 1:30pm and that didn't take me too long. The actual park was located in the middle of Crescent City, CA so I had to drive the scenic highway to actually find the trees I was looking for (not that I had to look to hard...not hard to miss). I also found lots of Elk on the road! There were signs all over the place for Elk crossing but I didn't think I would actually see any! But I saw about a dozen along the scenic highway which was really cool. Like another world to be honest. Guess it's normal for people out here, but it's not normal to me! From there I got out and stopped a few times trying to figure out what to do to waste time. I didn't have to be in San Fran until the next night.
But I figured it was only about 2pm so I should just drive to San Fran tonight and get it over with! So that's what I did...I was in the car a total of 12hrs and by the time I got to San Fran I was beat. As I was entering the city I got to cross the Golden Gate Bridge. It was more exciting then I thought it would be! Just like in the movies :)  I also didn't even think about parking! Parking in the city is a nightmare! I drove around for more then 30min before I called LP to ask for advice. She ended up jumping in the car with me and we found one very far away. I guess I should have known it would be interesting to park in a major city. She literally lives downtown so I should have seen this coming. But we walked back to her place and spent the rest of the night catching up.

This morning I woke up early with LP to go move my car. I'm not a resident so it's only 2hr parking! So we moved it into a parking garage for the day so I don't have to worry about it. When LP gets off from work we will move it back onto the street for the night. Tomorrow morning it will go to her work and sit there for the next few days so I don't have to continue to move it twice a day or pay to park it :)
LP works until 5pm so today I am once again enrolling in L.B.U. I am technically not supposed to be here until tonight so I figure I can just chill for the day. I will go and take a walk and take some pictures! This city is beautiful and the streets really are steep! Driving on them last night was pretty scary! You couldn't see the front end of you car on the road when you go down some of these streets. But CA drivers aren't nearly as bad as I have been warned (famous last words). So far so good in San Fran...I'm looking forward to spending the next few days here :)

*East Coast Feet: West Coast people walk too slow! (LP's way of categorizing them)

No comments:

Post a Comment